Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Oswald Hanson R.N.D photo wanted

Guest doug.harris

Guest doug.harris

I have researched Oswald Hansons life from berth to when he was shot. I would to get a photo of him to finish the story can you help please we went to the same church him in 1896-me in 1935

I have researched Oswald Hansons life from berth to when he was shot. I would to get a photo of him to finish the story can you help please we went to the same church him in 1896-me in 1935

Doug,

I recently visited Belgium with my Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) unit, HMS Wildfire, and visited Lt Cdr Hanson's grave, as well as that of S/Lt Edwyn Manners Ridge RNVR, as part of an RND battlefield tour kindly given by Niko Van Kerckhoven. I have been doing some research into both officers as well, in the hope of contacting their descendants, but have not found any photos of Lt Cdr Hanson, though I do have some of S/Lt Ridge. However, I've just contacted a friend at HMS President, the RNR unit in London which is the successor to the London Division RNVR (S/Lt Ridge and Lt Cdr Hanson's original unit), in the hope that they may have photos or other records available. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Regards,

Stephen Smith

Lt Cdr RNR

HMS Wildfire