Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Zeppelin Raid Memorial, Queen Square, London

The Scorer

Does anyone have a photo of this and more information on where it is to be found, please?

I understand that it's in the gardens in the Square - see this extract from an article on Camden Council's web site:

"A bomb from a Zeppelin raid landed on the Gardens in 1915. Luckily no one was killed. There is small plaque marking the spot where the bomb landed."

However, I looked for it some while ago, and couldn't find it anywhere! One problem was that I didn't know what it looks like, so I didn't know what to look for ... can anyone help, please?

Thank you.

From War on Great Cities: (Frank Morison)

Towards the northern end of the grass plot, set in a circle of crazy-pavement, is an inconspicuous bronze plate bearing the inscription:

"On the night of the eighth September, 1915, a Zeppelin bomb fell and exploded on this spot. Although nearly one thousand people slept in the surrounding buildings no person was injured."

CGM

From War on Great Cities: (Frank Morison)

Towards the northern end of the grass plot, set in a circle of crazy-pavement, is an inconspicuous bronze plate bearing the inscription:

"On the night of the eighth September, 1915, a Zeppelin bomb fell and exploded on this spot. Although nearly one thousand people slept in the surrounding buildings no person was injured."

CGM

There is a photo' of the plaque on this page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ddtmmm/3360004712/

Dave

Thank you, both - this is much appreciated!