Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1914-1915 Star to 21088 Pte. J. G. Lawson, North Durham Fusiliers

Jarvis

Just spotted the following mixed lot in a catalogue for a local auction due to take place 13/11/2014

... http://www.addisons-auctioneers.co.uk/ ...

... might be of interest to family/collectors, etc. I believe on-line/telephone bidding is available for the auction.
It also made me think if the Forum has a thread for such items, when spotted, to give a heads-up to Forum members ?
Lot 46 Estimate (low) £25 Estimate (high) £35
Three trays inc. a World War I medal, 1914-15 Star to 21088 Pte. J. G. Lawson, North Durham Fusiliers, Royal Commemoratives, crested wares, cottage ware teapot, Carnival Glass etc

Auction is on THURSDAY 13th NOVEMBER 2014 at 10am

Viewing: Wednesday 12th November 10am-7pm

Sale Day 8am-9.45am

Regards Jarvis

Additionally, a further two lots also WW1 related ... if there is a better place within the Forum to post this please let me know. Just thought to add them here in case of any interest to Forum members.

Lot 368 Estimate (low) £40 Estimate (high) £60
A group of World War I medals: the War Medal to 42165 Gunner W. Devlin R.A.; War Medal to 1421 Driver G.A. Wilkin R.A.; War Medal to 1371 Driver J.Wilkin R.A.; and 1914-15 Star to 1371 Driver J. Wilkin R.F.A. (4)
Lot 380 Estimate (low) £40 Estimate (high) £60
A group comprising: A German 1914-1918 War Cross; a commemorative medal for the Franco Russian War 1870-1871; an oval gilt bronze medal and ribbon, the face with the head of Prince Regent Luitpold in relief facing left, circumscribed "LUITPOLD PRINZ-REGENT VON BAYERN", a sprig of laurel at the base, the reverse inscribed "AM 70 JAHRESTAG MEINES DIENST-ANTRITTES DER BAYER• ARMEE GEWIDMET XXII•III•MCMV" (On the 70th Anniversary of my Entrance into Service with the Bavarian Army, dedicated 22 March 1905) - The medal was awarded on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of his entry into the Bavarian Army by Prince Regent Luitpold. It was awarded to serving officers, non-commissioned officers and military officials (Militärbeamten), to officers of the Reserve and Territorial Army (Landwehr) and to holders of the Gold and Silver Military Merit Medal. In all, just over twenty-two thousand medals were struck at the Bavarian Mint; etc.