Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Family military medal home at last

jwp2007

After 7 years researching my family members who served in the great war I have at last located and now secured the military medal awarded in 1917 to my grandmother's cousin, I am proud to now be the custodian of the medal and hope it will now stay in the family for years to come,

cheers,

John.

post-27136-0-99884700-1415571674_thumb.j

post-27136-0-09368000-1415571694_thumb.j

post-27136-0-61657700-1415571710_thumb.j

post-27136-0-38359600-1415571731_thumb.j

post-27136-0-52001900-1415571750_thumb.j

Well done and congratulations John :thumbsup:

many thanks, I would also like to extend my thanks to the good folk on the war relics and british medal forum for invaluable help in my search.

regards,

John.

Well done, John. It's great to hear that this medal is back where it belongs.

How did you locate this? The death plaque of my great-grandad was bought by someone from eBay and I want to bring it back into the family. Would also like to find his medal if possible as he was awarded the Military Medal. Any help gratefully received, we have been searching for his records for decades and now want to piece the last bits together. Thanks.

After 7 years researching my family members who served in the great war I have at last located and now secured the military medal awarded in 1917 to my grandmother's cousin, I am proud to now be the custodian of the medal and hope it will now stay in the family for years to come,

cheers,

John.

Great news, well done !

Regards,

LF

Hi John, do you know what happened to his other WWI medals? It is so good that you could return this to the family. Regards, Jerry B.

How did you locate this? The death plaque of my great-grandad was bought by someone from eBay and I want to bring it back into the family. Would also like to find his medal if possible as he was awarded the Military Medal. Any help gratefully received, we have been searching for his records for decades and now want to piece the last bits together. Thanks.

If you post his details here or on the British medals forum it might be possible that someone can help you

Well done, im still looking for my G.Grandfathers m.m to. 8585 thomas William Tipper 1st queens Royal West Surrey Regiment. What advice were you given to search???

Many thanks all, not sure where the trio went, all I know is from his records his BWM and VM were sent to one of his sisters as he was killed in December 1917 so they may still be in the family somewhere, they may possibly have been sold by the family as both Thomas's parents passed away by WW1 and he was sending some of his army pay home to support his younger sisters,

John.

Well done, im still looking for my G.Grandfathers m.m to. 8585 thomas William Tipper 1st queens Royal West Surrey Regiment. What advice were you given to search???

As Jerry said in post 7 try posting all you know here or on the BMF and someone may be able to help you further, all the best in your search,

John.

Good on ya, mate. I'm still hoping to find some belonging to my wife's great-uncle and great-great uncle if they're out there. Gives me hope. :thumbsup: