Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

THE SKY THEIR BATTLEFIELD II - The Updated and Expanded 2014 Edition

fetubi

Absolutely superb book, obviously, again, I have the rarer version. There are books that sit next to me, some on shelves and some in boxes, this one has pushed the cat off the sofa.

Mick

My cats are trained to deal with the enemy, both in offense and defence.

post-11859-0-66107400-1429273870_thumb.j

Graeme,

As no-one appears to have responded to your request for a photo of William Basil Fryer's headstone, I suggest you contact The War Graves Photographic Project (http://www.twgpp.org/).

It holds a photo of Fryer's resting place - thumbnail at http://www.twgpp.org/information.php?id=1837944. The cost is a more than reasonable £3.50 for an emailed copy, but in addition you will almost certainly receive additional photographs of the cemetery at no extra cost - at least I always have.

I cannot speak to highly of the TWGPP, a superb resource.

Brian

Trevor's THE SKY THEIR BATTLEFIELD l I is a must for anyone researching WW 1 War in the air, It has encouraged me to research further afield.

Well done and thankyou Trevor.

Peter.

Skyraider

wonder if you could advise is Arden lt Col John Morris DSO RAF no 3 cadet wing or Barne, Captain S 20th hussars attached RFC in it. Thanks

Yes, only Capt Barne S. MC. Line Patrol, left east of Arras combat with hostile aircraft, shot down, spinning nose dive. ( 2Lt FH Reynell KIA/ Capt S Barne MC KIA)

AIR/1398/204/27/13 sqd records.

Trevor's THE SKY THEIR BATTLEFIELD l I is a must for anyone researching WW 1 War in the air, It has encouraged me to research further afield.

Well done and thankyou Trevor.

Peter.

You are so welcome Peter.

I'm at the Cross and Cockade AGM at the RAF Museum Hendon tomorrow - hope to see some of you there. And I'm really looking forward to seeing the new WW1 exhibition and hearing the talk. It's open to anyone, by the way.

And there will be copies of my book floating around, should anyone fancy procuring a copy (hint!)

Cheers.

Trevor