Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2015 - all speakers announced

AlanCurragh

Argh, no. I've left it so long to post it'll all get mixed up in the Christmas post.

Anyone want to enlighten me about Paypal, which I've avoded like the plague so far, but it's got to be easier than postman pat?

Send a cheque in the New Year if that's easier - your places are reserved....

• 2 weeks later...

For those intending to stay at the Premier Inn on Hagley Road for the conference, "saver" rooms are now available for £35 or so....

Just looking at the price of last year's room at Hagley Road and, as the saver rate is only for the Friday night, there is a saving of £12 over last year. Better than nothing. Don't forget to book breakfast (Paul!). At the same time, it will be cheaper than paying on the day :)

Alan

Please count me in again. Will pay soonest. Conference & dinner.

Regards

Martin

Just looking at the price of last year's room at Hagley Road and, as the saver rate is only for the Friday night, there is a saving of £12 over last year. Better than nothing. Don't forget to book breakfast (Paul!). At the same time, it will be cheaper than paying on the day :)

Thanks for the reminder, Kim! I hope you and James had a good Christmas and are not snowed in this morning?

Paul

Very pleased to announce that our fourth speaker is Charles Messenger, whose talk will be "Haig's Army in 1915" - details on booking your place in the first post on this thread

Alan

That will be excellent - Charles is always interesting and good value.

Alan

As normal could you please book two places for the Conference, for myself and my daughter Heather. I will pay deposits on paypal asap

David

Edit: deposit paid

I have to agree with Keith (well, I don't HAVE to but I do on this occasion). Looking forward to the day.

Roger

OK Roger, I'll pay in beer for your agreement. Will you be at the Old Contemptibles on the Friday night?

Keith

This could be expensive, OK Alan.

Keith

But you always have two pints Kim.

Keith

OK Roger, I'll pay in beer for your agreement. Will you be at the Old Contemptibles on the Friday night?

Keith

Ah, a bit of a dilemma on this one! Moseley Rugby (my other love) are at home on the Friday night ! Decision stiull outstanding!

Roger

Deposit has been fired over for myself and LST164.

Cheers

Simon

For those who are coming for the Friday night, but not staying on the Saturday night there is a £35 deal at the Premier Inn on Hagley Road. (The Saturday is £72 unfortunately), but for those staggering back from the OC on Friday, Akbar's Restaurant is alongside the Premier Inn, and open late.

Keith

I was charged a LOT more when I booked a few days ago 27/12. £158 to be precise for the 2 nights. However, such is my love of the Forum, and all that inhabit it (!), that I made the booking.

There was a special offer on, for a short while Martin. I think possibly you were unlucky and they'd all gone.

Glad you're going anyhow, it'll be nice to see everyone, if I ever get my booking fee sent off! (New Year's resolution that - honest, the cheque WILL be in the post on 2nd January ;) )

Conference and fee for me dinner paid on Paypal. Hope there's still some room left!

If you are intending to stay on the Saturday night and don't mind a 25 minute drive the Premier Inn at Hagley (not the one on Hagley Road near the Tally Ho Conference Centre) have rooms for £35.