Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Wounded

Pam heath

Sorry, if I've put this in the wrong place. New to the site and not doing very well. My grandfather, Alfred Terence Heath's service history says, wounded and mentions shell shock and also POW in Limburg. I would like to find out more about this and told to contact the Red Cross in Geneva, as they apparently hold the records. I did this, but had no reply. I hear the records are now online, but I've searched and found nothing, perhaps I'm not searching correctly. Can anyone help please?

You need to enter the name surname first. When you see an index card take a note of the reference number eg beginning PA. Enter that number and a ledger should come up.

There is a scroll bar on the right which you can use to navigate to the correct page. The records are in books and the pages are numbered. Occasionally, entering the PA number has put me a few pages away. Sometimes, it has dumped me at the start or end of the book. I just drag the scroll bar until I reach the correct page.

If you click on the scroll bar you will find something else that is as slow as a snail!