The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Munition Factories London Area

roguegrafix

Hello All,

My Great Aunt left her home in Chinnor and worked at a munitions factory in London -- well that is the family legend. I've seen mention on this forum of such factories in the East End. Were there any other factories in or around London? Perhaps someone could point me to website for more information.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Thailand

I've seen mention on this forum of such factories in the East End. Were there any other factories in or around London? Perhaps someone could point me to website for more information.

Steve

Thailand

Steve,

Here is a link to an excellent resource, which in addition to general information on munitions factories, also lists all the various different types of munitions factories including those in and around the London area.

Regards,
LF

Thanks LF,

Since I've only spent a few days in London and my London geography poor this will be an excellent opportunity to improve it! The map at the bottom of the page is a useful start as is the information on opening dates. From a quick glance, it would appear my Great Aunt would not have been in London until mid-1915 at the earliest.

Once again, many thanks.

Steve