Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Burials in the UK - 6 down 1 to go

temptage

That would be fantastic James. I must admit when I heard of the exact whereabouts of it, I added it to the list of those I thought I will never be able to get, but if you could wangle it with your friend I would be seriously grateful.

Tony

Do you have the Lawnswood one yet? I could have a shufty on Monday as I'm free all day.

The Lawnswood screen wall is my Avatar, but obviously too small!! :D

I dont, but I have had an offer from another forum member, but if you wish to do it, then receiving two photos is much better than getting none. If you wish to make a visit, I will appreciate it very much.

Didn't go to Lawnswood yesterday, was a little foggy, have been up there this afternoon and got the photo's for you. do you ant them posting on here?

Rich

Didn't go to Lawnswood yesterday, was a little foggy, have been up there this afternoon and got the photo's for you. do you ant them posting on here?

Rich

My cameras stopped working! just checking it out and its as dead as a dodo. Luckily you weren't relying on me :doh:

ha ha, I took two cameras just in case

Rich

Rich, the photos are wonderful, and thank you for tracking down the family plot too. It will be interesting to see whether he is actually buried in the family plot, or whether he is just named on it in memoriam.

Well the wall panel suggests he is in the grave yard some where. It only took 3 minutes to find the family plot, think I hit lucky!

Rich

Well the wall panel suggests he is in the grave yard some where. It only took 3 minutes to find the family plot, think I hit lucky!

Rich

post-60087-0-58346900-1416253014_thumb.j

To me that reads that if he is in the list buried elsewhere in the Cemetery then there is a good chance he is actually buried in the family plot, and they acknowledge his location.

Everybody on that screen wall is buried in Lawnswood Cemetery.

As it says in the pic at post 36 some are buried in a mass grave in front of the memorial with no headstones, the others are scattered around the cemetery, some in CWGC plots and some are in family graves.

• 2 weeks later...

I live just outside the Battle Area , I have photographed each and every readable grave with in the four church yds.

If you are still in search I can offer an image.

EDIT;

Just going through the 500 + photos I had taken and the only one that did not turn out as it should is this one. I have PShopped it to get something out of it, so will PM the image.

Today I was able to gain entry to West Tofts so was able to get a decent shot of OW Colmans grave.

Emailed you a copy Tony.

You are an absolute star. Take 100 Man Points for your effort. Thanks Tony

• 2 years later...

Hi Tony, Have emailed you, but just in case you don't pick it up, I have just discovered a paper file in my files regarding the Colmans, let me know if it is of interest. rgerads.. Tony.