Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Oh my! Daily Mail - be very ashamed! 6 VC's before breakfa

KevinBattle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2798879/six-vcs-won-breakfast-reunited-century-fateful-morning-earned-gallipoli.html

I know it's a Sunday, so probably the office tea boy in charge, but ............

Six Victoria Crosses, bottom right, awarded to members of the Lancashire Fusiliers for their bravery at Gallipoli during World War One are set to be displayed together for the first time next year to commemorate 100 years since the famous victory. The meddles were awarded to (from left to right) Sgt Alfred Richards, Mjr Cuthbert Bromley, Cpl John Grimshaw, Pte William Keneally, Capt Richard Willis and Sgt Frank Stubbs (not pictured). The battle of Gallipoli saw the Fusiliers experience heavy casualties with 11 officers and 350 men either killed or wounded.

victory depends on which side you are on

Yes......but just how on earth could the British think Gallipoli was a victory???

Bruce

It looks as if they used the same press release, but "Victory" is no longer proclaimed in the DM article which was amended some time after its web publication.

The press really should try harder to review their "facts".

Keith

Aren't you meddling in that a bit much?

I don't think Australia calls it a victory either.

regards

Robert

Well the subject has nothing to do with property prices or immigration so it's not really on the DM's radar.