Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Biggu

330th Siege Bttn.

Biggu

Do I have this correct?... 330th Siege Battalion is part of the 66th (2nd) East Lancashire Division, and is the Divisional Artillery?

Phil Evans

330th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery was part of 66th Division, but 330th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery was a different unit.

Phil

Biggu

I hate to be a pest, but how do I find the 330th Siege Battalion RGA? I'd LOVE to find the war diary at best, but even a history of them would help....

Phil Evans

The only war diary under 330 Siege Battery is WO 95/545.

I'm no RGA expert and it may have amalgamated into a higher formation etc.

Phil

Biggu

Hey Thanks Phil I will check it out and I'm sure it will cost me a bit, but this is a lot more than I had a short while ago.. thanks....

Biggu

I have put in a request to see if they will print it and costs.... i will buy it, just waiting..........

Phil Evans

A guaranteed 3 figure sum.

They are in the process of digitising it at the moment, so I would imagine that it will be released some time next year.

There is a thread somewhere on the Forum about release dates.

Phil

Biggu

Holy, 3 figures... that is a LOT of cash....... maybe I should be a little more patient....and wait ....

Biggu

Phil, you were right, they want over 500 Pounds....... might have to wait to down load it from the internet....

TEW

Have an interest in the 330th SB myself. The original diary will be 'unavailable in the reading rooms 22 October 2014 – 02 January 2015'. So I guess that gives a digitised release date.

TEW

Biggu

Well, that is great information, I am hoping I can access a copy of the digitised release and order a copy to print myself, that would be great......I guess I will have to stay tuned as they say....

I sincerely hope that with luck some kind soul out there might be generous enough to keep me posted , if by chance I miss it.....