Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ww1 veteran, also served in ww2, MIC ?

noe

Hi I would just like to know if someone served in ww1, also in ww2 would his ww1 MIC be accesable ? As I trying to find an ofiicers details, but I'm able to find his MIC online. J R Carry, the C's are ment to be 100% complete on line. I thought maybe beacuse he served in ww2 he details may not be released yet ? Also his service records ?

Hi, thanks for your reply, If this is the case, why can't I find my man ? Unless I'm wrong, but the clue I'm going on is; I bought a ww2 officers uniform, which had his name and number(J R Carry 1378) oflag 7b. The number could represent his oflag # or regt #? also on the jacket also had the 1914-1918 British War & Allied Victory Medal Ribbons and the Africa Star with "8th" Army Emblem for the 8th army Clasp ? Another question would I be able to find his envolvement with the POW camp or is this aslo be restricted?

Hi

Just because he was an Officer in WW2 doesn't mean he was anything more than a Private/Gunner in WW1. There are 5 plain J Carrys in the medal index cards and a J B Carry, which if the printing in your jacket is not clear could possibly be mistaken for J R Carry. It might be worth looking into each of these mics. From the ribbons on the jacket you can obviously eliminate any that won the 1914 or 1914/15 Star. If you are still sure he was an Officer in WW1 you can also check out the Army Lists.

Steve