Remembered Today:

A Gypsy's Tale. A Soldiers Tale

Nommy

On Sunday 14th September for Heritage open days the National Federation of Gypsy Liaison Groups will be having an exhibition in the Cavendish Village Hall Beeley.

1 Victory Cross awarded

We are researching the 2nd believed also to be awarded to a Gypsy soldier

The event commemorates all soldiers Beeley Church has a special commemoration stain glass window for all those local lads that returned home and there are some mounted photos of local soldiers in the Women's Institute Room.

Please Join us if you can ( tea and cakes for small charge)

Beeley is on the Chatsworth Estate Derbyshire and the post code of the hall is DE4 2NU.

Thanks for that I looked at thread, there is a history of Gypsy people going to war it isnt hard for us to see who is who, re names etc. but no body likes to talk about it and its like trying to get blood out of a stone with elder people sad times they dont want to be remembered of it.

I am interested in information going on about brothers on the site

if something does go on the site about brothers in the future there are the Penfolds and the Fletchers ( I think the Fletchers had something like 4 or 5 but I've got to look into that a bit more it appears that 2 brothers joined in their mothers name and the others their fathers name. The three under the name of Fletcher (fathers name) is on a War memorial gravestone website they are my Gt Grandfathers brothers. I was told there was 8 brothers I remember my Gt grandfather and his brother Fred living so there is another in limbo somewhere. It may be that he was missing

N