Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tank Corps

towisuk

Can anyone tell me if there are war diaries for the respective Bttn's in the Tank Corps, and if so, how do I find them???

I'm drawing a blank on the NA War Diaries site..

regards

Tom

Tom

Think you can also get them from the Tank Museum, as well National Archives. I have some small sections from actions where tanks supported various local units, or I have been following up battlefield visits. You got a particular one/date you are after

Chris

Hi Chris, I was looking to see if they were available on-line from the NA like the other diaries I've downloaded...I'll have a word with you on Saturday at the exhibition about them mate....

regards

Tom

Tom

Try here, may be of some help unfortunately cannot be downloaded. Jim

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_q=WO95%2F100

Hi Jim, many thanks for the links to those records mate.....shame that they don't seem to have got round to making them "downloadable" like the other diaries that are coming on-line...

regards

Tom

I have some a hard copy of D Battalion and some Regtl histories?

Are you looking for one particular unit?

Many thanks for your reply, I have a man in A Battn who was KIA at Cambrai, he was also awarded the DCM for his work at the same time that Capt C Robertson was posthumously awarded his VC at 3rd Ypres.

I was just hoping to be able to read the war diary of his Battn to follow their movements from landing in France until the Battle of Cambrai...

regards

Tom

Tom

I think I may have what you need. I will be there Saturday too so bring a memory stick and I will see what we can copy

Tanks3

Looking forward to the meet up, the nephew of the Pte awarded the DCM at third Ypres also hopes to pop in to the exhibition,

regards

Tom

Bang on Stephen......

post-5284-0-15431800-1409911091_thumb.jp

regards

Tom