Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

medical records

modelengineer

Hi

I would like to find the details of my relatives medical records

He made it to a rear medical facility before he died so presumably there are some records

I understand some of these were destroyed in WW2 but as his name was Holmes it might be possible that his survived

Can anyone tell me where to look?

Thankyou

Dougie

There are 2,639 records that might hold medical information to the name Holmes, a first name might thin it down to a few hundred.

TEW

Can we have his date & place of birth.

Did he die of wounds 23/10/16?

If so I can't see any service or pension record on Ancestry.

Kath.

Hi Kath

Yes thats him, he was born in Liscolman, Ballymoney

A search on the CWGC website brings no results but previously they told me on the phone where he is buried ( warloy baillion communal cemetery)

I found his medal card but cant seem to find where to look for medical records, his date of birth might not be of use as he was too old to enlist and lied about his age

Thanks again

Dougie

The surviving medical records are in record series MH 103, see http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/browse/r/h/C10949 only a very small percentage were retained (for statistical purposes). Unless he happened to be treated in one of the CCS or other hospitals which was selected for preservation, you are unlikely to find very much. These records have not been digitised, so can only be viewed in person in the reading rooms at Kew.

Hi Kath

Yes thats him, he was born in Liscolman, Ballymoney

A search on the CWGC website brings no results but previously they told me on the phone where he is buried ( warloy baillion communal cemetery)

Dougie

His CWGC entry is HERE.

CGM