Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rare medal? Pals regiment

Ben3095

Hi all

I saw a medal for LIEUT A. SIDEBOTTOM at an auction who was a Accrington Pals officer (11 east lancs reg?)

Whats a medal like this worth? (I haven't bought it, just curious)

:)) Thanks

Victory medal at Bamfords today ?

2/Lt Sidebottom was only awarded a BWM and Victory Medal so zero on the rareity scale. As to value, we don't do that on here

Sam

it is rare - you find another named the same :w00t:

if you wait a few days the price realised will probably be put on their website

medals are like everything - what some one is willing to pay for it - and at auction it can go either way

Hi all

I saw a medal for LIEUT A. SIDEBOTTOM at an auction who was a Accrington Pals officer (11 east lancs reg?)

Whats a medal like this worth? (I haven't bought it, just curious)

:)) Thanks

Sidebottom never served in the 11th East Lancs look at his medal card. He's not mentioned in the War Diaries either. Some one is being conned. The Accrington Pals ceased to exist after July 1st 1916. Less than 90 of the fighting strength remained standing when the original Pals left the trenches on the night of 4/5th July, the rest were either dead or wounded . Not brought back up to strength until December

Definative Retlaw............. :whistle:

Commissioned into the 3rd Bn. East Lancs in June 1918, overseas at the end of July (???) 1918. Looks like (but am not 100% certain as I can't see the writing properly!) an attachment to the 11th Bn but back to the 3rd by December 1918. Only listed as a 2/Lt though.

Dave.