Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Patrick Driscoll Kings Royal Rifle Corps

ttc123

Hello,

I was just trying to find this out for my mum's friend about Patrick Driscoll in the Kings Royal Rifle Corps r/21536 as far as they know he enlisted in 1916 but he may have lied about his age and as far as they know he's from Ireland. I have found his M.I.C for them but I did not know if anyone had more info about him or if there was anyone that could give me some information as to where he may have fought during the war as they would like to know so they could possibly make a trip to where he fought.

Many Thanks

Victoria

No service record seems to have survived. You can find which Battalion of the KRRC that Patrick served on first landing in a war zone in by seeing the original Medal Roll which is at Kew in the Ledger WO329/1528 page 3546. It is not a digital record so needs to be read.

If you are not in a position to do that you could ask in the Look Ups Section here and someone may be able to find time to look at it and let you know what it says. From that you can then find a War Diary for the unit which will give a day-to-day account of activity.

Patrick didn't go to a war zone until after 1915 as he had not been shown on the MIC as being awarded the 1914-15 Star.

Thank-you, I will pass that information on as I think they may go to Kew and look for themselves. I shall ask if they want to do that if not I will have a go on the Look Ups section.

Many Thanks

Hi Victoria, the R prefix to his number denotes him as a New Army Man or (Kitchener's Army) he would have enlisted around 6th May 1915 as the number for that date starts at 12508 the next sequence of numbering was 12671 which joined on 30th June 1915.

Best regards,

Keith

Keith,

Many thanks I will pass that info onto them, that will be of help to them as there is some confusion because he lied about his age!

Victoria