Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Numbering, King's Liverpool Regiment, TF?

daggers

I am sure there is someone lurking out there who could suggest which battalion a KLR man served in. He was Edwin Reynolds, 3280, then 202781. The latter might be the clue,from 1917.

I have seen an MIC but no more.

Thanks

Daggers

Daggers,

Taking Eric's answer a step further.

Reynolds originally enlisted in 9 KLR on 7/1/15 as No 3280 and was then transferred to 5 KLR date unknown and subsequently renumbered 202781. If all of his service had been with 5 KLR his 4-fig No would have been 585x and if he had stayed with 9 KLR his number would have been 33098x. He was part of a large reinforcement draft for 1/9 KLR arriving in France on 7/8/15.

Promenade

Promenade

Thank you for taking it a step further. I have that his number would have been 5852 and was not sure why it was 3280 but you have given me the answer.

Colin

Sorry Daggers,

Forgot to enclose my usual statement when I reply to a topic 'I have no further information on this man'!

Sorry Daggers

I don't have any more information on him either but I will keep on looking for you.

Do you know anything about the Edwin Reynolds who could be related to your wife, anything like his wife's name or children's name's and years they were born.

Colin

Daggers

I don't know if this help's but if his name is Edwin Reynolds (no middle name) I can find only 1 born in Liverpool in 1885. I have looked between 1875 and 1895 so he would be about the right age to be serving in 1915. He also happened to live just off Netherfield road in Everton. I cannot say for sure it is the right man as he could have lived anywhere and enlisted in the 9th Battalion but it also could well be the right man. If you have any information it could be a great help.

Colin

Thanks for latest thoughts. 'Our' Edwin was born in South Wales in 1875 and by 1914 was working for a railway company and living in south Liverpool. We have nothing to show that he served in the forces in WW1 and were trying to find out if he had. I suspect not, in view of what has been said.

D

If you know the railway company, It is possible there are some of their records that might give you a clue. It sounds like he might of been to old to serve abroad but he still might of served.

Colin

Colin

No, failed there, too!

Did you get the email about the 5th Cadet Battalion KLR and memorial? I now have a better photo if you would like it.

D

Daggers

I did not get an e-mail but would like to see it if possible.

I also wanted to thank you for letting me know about Liverpool town hall and to say he is going to be added to the new panel in october.

Colin