Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Home service on MIC

MrG

I am trying to tie together two bits of information for what I believe is the same man - James Moses Steer (see also previous post)

I have a MIC which shows service in the Royal Sussex and the AVL which shows him with a Labour Corps Agricultural Unit in 1918.

Family lore says he was invalided home so if he was transferred to the LC for home service after his recovery would this be expected to be shown on his MIC?

I thought medals were labelled with the first entry into a theatre of war but the issue was administered by the last unit served in (where service records would be).

If this is true (not 100% sure) surely the last unit would be listed on the card for administrative purposes.

CGM

I thought medals were labelled with the first entry into a theatre of war but the issue was administered by the last unit served in (where service records would be).

If this is true (not 100% sure) surely the last unit would be listed on the card for administrative purposes.

As I understand it the medal roll references will refer to whichever unit issued the medals but the MIC should only show units served overseas with (which may or may not be the same).

Craig

Its a Royal Sussex roll - WO 329/1255 - so I guess a trip to Kew is in order.

Thanks for all the help

Merve