Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A little help please with this lad.

museumtom

Good morning all.

This guy is frying my brain. He died in the workhouse in Weymouth of consumption and had been invalided from the front. I am trying to find his place of birth or his residence. Try as I might I cannot nail it down. Can you help please?

Thanking you all most sincerely in advance.

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2749671/SULLIVAN,%20P

Hmmm! Only MIC for Royal Irish Rifles for 20223 is assigned to William Gray. 4th Bn RIR is also over in Ireland until they moved to England in April 18. Have to presume no foreign service, but what's he doing in Weymouth? There's a Patrick Sullivan aged 32 registered for Weymouth in March 1916- could be your man? http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&db=ONSDeath93&rank=1&new=1&MSAV=1&gss=angs-d&gsfn=patrick&gsln=sullivan&gsln_x=NS_NP_NN&msddy=1916&msdpn__ftp=Weymouth%2c+Dorset%2c+England&msdpn=83395&msdpn_PInfo=8-%7c0%7c0%7c3257%7c3251%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c5262%7c83395%7c0%7c&dbOnly=_F00056EC%7c_F00056EC_x%2c_F0005906%7c_F0005906_x&uidh=h37&msddm=2&pcat=BMD_DEATH&fh=0&h=20219258&recoff=&ml_rpos=1

Thanks IRC Kevin, I am not on Ancestry, can you tell me what it says please? All I know is that he had previous service 12 years, and his brother was an Australian. I have no idea of his age.

Thanks for staying with me on this.

Kind regards.

Tom.

OK IRC Kevin, I have it sorted. It is a mistake on the CWGC he was in the Royal Irish Fusiliers, no wonder I could not find him under that number.

Thanks for all your help.

KInd regards.

Tom.

attestation paper says born St Thomas, Dublin. States discharged from the RDF 28th March 1915 (another note says 12/3/1915) . Enlisted RIF June 1915; discharged Nov 1915. 26years old.

SWB for a Patrick Sullivan RDF number 7611, discharged 12/3/1915 due to sickness. Served overseas. aged 26 at discharge. enlisted 6/2/11.

Name: Patrick Sullivan Gender: Male Birth Date: abt 1889 Age: 26 Document Year: 1915 Residence Place: Twoomey Lodging House, Merthyr Tydpe Regimental Number: 20223 Regiment Name: Princess Victoria's (Royal IrishFusiliers) Form Title: Short Service Attestation

Good man Johnnie, mighty altogether.

Much appreciated.

Kindest regards.

Tom.

Tom,

do you have the info re his brother or parents? Would like to see if I can track Patrick in the census records.

Johnny

Thanks IRC Kevin, I am not on Ancestry, can you tell me what it says please? All I know is that he had previous service 12 years, and his brother was an Australian. I have no idea of his age.

Thanks for staying with me on this.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

It was just the registration for his death- Weymouth, Dorset. March 1916 Volume 5a, page 407. Aged 32.

regards,

Kevin

Kevin thank you so much, it is very useful indeed.

Kindest regards.

Tom.