Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Interrperate Medal Index Card

spud4210

I've found a MIC for who I think is for my grandad William B Murphy. He was in the Kings Liverpool Reg was injured July 1917. Im not sure if he was in the Labour Corp either. In the bottom right corner is some remarks which I can't work out any ideas???

He served in the Mercantile Marine up until late Dec '14 early '15

His new service number was 266508

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Paulpost-112254-0-95980600-1406679911_thumb.

Could be the medal roll reference for 15 Star. The first word is hard to read but it could be Inelig... ineligible?

Could be the medal roll reference for 15 Star. The first word is hard to read but it could be Inelig... ineligible?

Looks as if thats could be right...

Thanks

• Admin

He was in the Liverpool Regiment Private No 10930 then the Labour Corps Private No 597744. The card is for the British War and Victory Medals only. He appeared to enquire about a 15 Star but the note says he is "Inelig" i.e. Ineligible for it so he only entered a theatre of war after 1.1.16.

The Labour Corps issued his emdals and their rolls don't show which battalion of the Liverpool Regt he was in. Your best be t would be to start a new thread entitled "10930 Pte William B Murphy Liverpool Regt" or similar to attract the attention of people who know about that regiment.

Glen

Thanks SPOF I'll start a new thread......