Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Vol III Official History The Australian Imperial Force in France

Skipman

Mike,

I don't know why they expended the effort on scanning that Mike, both the WW1 and WW2 histories are online at http://www.awm.gov.au/histories/

Cheers,

Hendo

Yeah, not sure why it's the only volume, maybe more to follow? I think i prefer the archive.org version/reader etc, all the same.

Mike

It is a useful resource. While the entire history can be downloaded from the AWM site, this volume alone represents 30 downloads of text only chapters. Mike's is the full book, with illustrations and the occasional colour overlay on the maps. In these broadband days, 60 MB is not much.

I'm just re-reading Pozieres and having the photo of Gibraltar interposed with the description of taking it is a plus. Well worth a download.

Thanks, Mike.

Mike and WSL,

Good points and I agree, as a proper scan far better than the poor AWM monochrome scans.

I would suggest the reason it is apparently the only volume at the Pennsylvania Library is because it is the only one that relates to US Army involvement with the AIF in the war.

Cheers,

Hendo

Hendo, that would be the 1918 volume, not this one (1916)!

• Admin

The scan date on this volume is 11th March this year. Given the size of the books and the fact it is done by volunteers, there could be other volumes being done now.

Hopefully there are more since this is the whole book to the be downloaded in one gone, compared to chapter by chapter on the AWM.