Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Skipman

Thank you for posting Mike. I had never heard of this site.

Just found a copy of my favourite Great War book, Richard Holmes' Tommy - signed, first edition for under £20. As you say what's not to like?

David

Mikke (sic)

Thanks for another good link that is going to be absolutely catastrophic for the contents of my piggy bank.

Pete

Thankks Peete

Should save a few quid in the long run though?

Mike

Now that's the kind of logic that got the country into its current penurious state Mike :hypocrite:

David

In my experience Biblio & all the many similar sites are just poor relations of ABE. I used to search several sites at once, but a book was always more likely to turn up on the bigger site. Plus this forum won't benefit if you buy elsewhere.

Plus this forum won't benefit if you buy elsewhere.

My theory is, if you can buy books cheap, do so, you will then have more cash for a donation, and, hopefully, more knowledge to impart?

Mike

All points duly noted. I am just pleased with myself that despite having the opportunity to crack the Notting Hill joke about unsigned copies of Middlebrook tomes (which I've been doing ad nauseam for 20 years), I fought the impulse. I am very fond of Martin both as a writer and a person and I had a vision of him looking over his glasses at me disaprovingly. That used to happen a lot.

Ppeete.