Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

History of the 1st & 2nd Bns. The Leicester Regiment in the Great

helpjpl

History of the 1st & 2nd Battalions. The Leicester Regiment in the Great War by Colonel HC Wylly (originally published 1928)

I'd be very grateful if a kind soul with access to the above can look up two brothers who are related to me. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy the book.

Albert Humphrey Pinder. KIA on 15 September 1916.

and

Harold Senhouse Pinder

Many thanks

Page 22: "The draft that joined the Battalion during November was a very small one, consisting of nine men, every one of whom had been at least once wounded during the war while serving with the 1st battalion; four Officers also arrived from the 3rs battalion of the regiment - Second Liuetenants A H Pinder, H A Dolby, W North and F G H Grimsby"

Page 26: 2 Lt A H Pinder is shown in the list of officers serving with 1st Bn Leicestershire Regt. He is in A Coy.

Page 31: Lt A H Pinder is shown in the list of officers serving with 1st Bn Leicestershire Regt. He is the Adjutant.

Page 38: "During these days - the last half of September - the losses in the 1st Battalion the Leicestershire Regiment amounted to 14 Officers and 442 non-commissioned officers and men killed, wounded and missing; the Officers were: killed, Lieutenant A H Pinder, .....[etc]"

Page 2. Lt H S Pinder listed in the Officers who "...on the 27th the 1st Battalion left Aldershot for Ireland at a strength of 77 all ranks, the following Officers accompanying it...[etc]"

Page 204: Relating to the presentation of new Colours at Colchester on March 25th 1927; "After the Field Marshal had inspected No.1 Guard which was drawn up in the Gymnasium under Captain and Brevet Major H S Pinder MC, with the old King's Colour carried by second-Lieutenant D F Colburn, the drums were piled and the new Colours were brought to the front by CSMs Langton and Gill...[etc].."