Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Dorset Yeomanry 1914 - 1919

MedalHunter

I have a privately published A5 book running to 65 pages about the experiences of Ex. Farrier Corporal 903 S.G.Tucker. It covers his time throughout the war,from enlistment and training to demob and was written by him in 1981. He went to Gallipoli, western desert, Sinai Peninsula, Palestine and Syria. Lots of names and experiences. If anyone with an interest in the Dorset 'Queens Own'Yeomanry would like a copy, I would be happy to oblige.

Regards Ian

• 2 years later...
I have a privately published A5 book running to 65 pages Farrier Corporal 903 S.G.Tucker, the Dorset 'Queens Own'Yeomanry

Regards Ian

Hi Ian, a long shot this far down the line, 'IM' me with the cost of a copy and I'll let you know. I'm trying to place some SIH men with the Dorset Yeomnary and this may help. I have some of the war diaries photo'd and would be willing to swop. Most of my diaries are from Jun 1917 onwards.

Regards

Doug

G'day Ian,

I realise this was an old post, but I have not been a member long and have come across it just now.

If still available I would like a copy please, as it would compliment my interest in The Desert Mounted Corps.

regards

Stephen

• 1 month later...

G'day Doug,

I have sent a couple of requests to Ian for a copy of this , but have not got a response.

Did you get a copy, and if so, would I be able to get a copy from you ?

Let me know if I could cover any costs.

regards

Stephen

I have sent a couple of requests to Ian for a copy of this , but have not got a response.Stephen

Hi,

He is still active but like me he may not monitor his posts :unsure:

However he is, as I say, still active, we live in hope.... :D

Forgot to add, I've not had a peep from him either..... :ph34r:

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. Did you end up with a copy of the book at all ?

Ian is a bit cheeky, dropping the baited hook in the water and not responding to the nibbles !!

regards

Stephen

Ian is a bit cheeky, dropping the baited hook in the water and not responding to the nibbles !!

Stephen

There was no response for almost three years to Ian's offer of October 22, 2004 - that's a long time for an angler to hang around without a bite!

Moonraker

Moonraker,

He must have had the right bait to have a couple of nibbles after all, but you are right 3 years is a long time.

My exscuse is I am only just swimming this way now

regards

Stephen

• 4 weeks later...

Ian

Thanks again for sending me a copy of your book. I appreciate your time to post it.

Thanks again for sharing with me.

Stephen

• 2 years later...

Ian

Thanks again for sending me a copy of your book. I appreciate your time to post it.

Stephen

Hi Stephen and Ian,

Another three years and a lot of water has passed, I see you are both still active do either of you have the where with all to contact me and maybe offer a copy of the elusive book? I will refund costs incurred by you in the process.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Ian

Stephen

Hi Stephen, any chance of you passing on a copy of this elusive work, as Ina has not responded to me at all, must have offended him in a previous life!!

Thanks in advance

PS please don't take three years to reply.

• 1 year later...

Hi Stephen, any chance of you passing on a copy of this elusive work, as Ina has not responded to me at all, must have offended him in a previous life!!

Thanks in advance

PS please don't take three years to reply.

Hi Stephen or Ian,

Any chance of a nibble! Been a while and I've not seen another reference to this work anywhere else. I can also see you are both still active here, please don't leave it any longer...

Thanks in advance :unsure:

• 4 months later...

Dear All

The great nephew of Farrier Cpl Tucker runs my local pub and he has given me a copy of his notes. I will try to get them into pdf format in the next few weeks but please bear with me. I promise not to leave it as long as MedalHunter!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All

The great nephew of Farrier Cpl Tucker runs my local pub and he has given me a copy of his notes. I will try to get them into pdf format in the next few weeks but please bear with me. I promise not to leave it as long as MedalHunter!

Hi Gareth,

A blessing if it comes off.. :hypocrite: ... Thanks in advance.

I was beginning to wonder if it was all a scam, there being no book at all just a jolly jape by two scoundrels :w00t:

Technology has failed me (the scanner at work won't do PDFs) but I have managed to make a couple of photocopies so if you PM me your address I will pop one in ther post.

• 2 months later...

Vaux

The copy of the diary is sat on my bookshelf waiting to be dispatched to its new home but I still don't have your address.

Hi Gareth,

A PM is on it's way to you my fine fellow. I guess it's a lesson in wait long enough and it will happen.Cheers

It will be in the post by the end of the week.

Gareth,

Thank you so much for sending the copy of Tucker's diary, you came up trumps where all others had failed.

I owe you one.

Cheers

My pleasure.

Gareth,

Thanks so much for sending the memoirs of Cpl. Tucker. It was a real treat to find these waiting for me when I arrived home this evening.

Cheers,

Luke.

My pleasure. I hope you find it interesting, I certainly did.

• 2 years later...

Dear All,

A thousand apologies to those of you who chased me after my offer. I did ship a couple of copies to people and then dropped off the radar.

I hope you were all able to get a copy from those who I shared with.

Regards

Ian

• 4 years later...

I am a late comer to the discussion about S. G. Tucker - if anyone out there is able to provide me with a copy of his diaries , I would be delighted.

Best wishes,

Brian 

• Admin

@Gareth Davies are you able to help Brian please? 

Thank you