Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nurse Ethel Dyson, Talke, Staffordshire

BereniceUK

I know nothing about her other than her name being on the parish memorial in St Martin's Church, Talke.

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

Morning Berenice

Not wishing to tread on Jim Strawbridge's toes, Rootschat has this

"Ethel Cope was born September 1889 Oldcott Tunstall Staffs. Parents Henry and Ann both born Wolstanton parish.
In 1891 they were living latebrook nr Goldenhill Staffs and by 1901 were living at High Street Talke Pitts, Staffs, with 3 younger siblings Mary E, Ernest and Frank.
Ethel married Samuel Dyson in 1914 at NuL Staffs.
She died aged 29 at Bucklow Union, the Workhouse Infirmary, Knutsford in 1918 from pulmonary tb. Also known as Knutsford military hospital where she worked as a nurse. Does anyone have any more info. Samuel her husband was in the Navy. She is not on CWGC, nor has an MIC that I can find, any help appreciated."

Record here

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/Details?uri=C10795068

Regards,

Graeme

Possibly on a Knutsford memorial also?

Unknown to me until Berenice's post. Since then I have found the Rootchat post that Graeme has posted above. But I believe that I have also found a possible MIC here :- http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/s/res?_col=2&_q=Dyson+Ethel Strangely it does not come up with a search for Ethel Dyson but can be found using Dyson Ethel in the lead bar. This shows an Ethel Dyson as being in the QAIMNS.