Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

KD overseas chevrons

gnr.ktrha

Hello,
Has anyone seen a set of Overseas service chevrons embroidered on Khaki Drill instead of the usual worsted material? I've not come across them before, but think I saw a set for sale today!
Regards,
Stewart

Yes just sold a set of four blue on KD with hooks to attach to the KD Tunic

The varieties are endless but here are a few....note the 'jacquard' versions (the RN bottom left and the lower of the KD versions) quite similar to the WW2 German Bevo type insignia.

Regards

Tocemma

post-7141-0-68571100-1404468622_thumb.jp

The varieties are endless but here are a few....note the 'jacquard' versions (the RN bottom left and the lower of the KD versions) quite similar to the WW2 German Bevo type insignia.

Regards

Tocemma

attachicon.gifChevrons mod.jpg

Out of interest, what is the double red chevron???? I thought red was only used to indicate service in 1914.

Sepoy

NB

I have attached a photo of Overseas Service Chevrons being worn on a Royal Naval Reserve Officers tunic

post-55476-0-94071400-1404469536_thumb.j

Well it's either for overseas service in 1928 (extremely rare) or it is part of an uncut strip as manufactured.....

Tocemma

Another question: what (if anything) is the significance of the light blue chevron above the blue and red ones (top, centre set)?

Cheers, Pat

Pat,

I think you will find that the top light blue chevron is stitched on separately to the other three hence the colour difference.

Mark

Another question: what (if anything) is the significance of the light blue chevron above the blue and red ones (top, centre set)?

Cheers, Pat

Hello and thank you for all of your posts, all very interesting. I am picking up the chevrons tomorrow so hopefully will post a photo tomorrow. It is a set of one red and 3 blue made as a single badge and not blue with a red one sewn on to complete the badge. I have a couple of examples of the worsted type so it will make a nice addition and at £12 I hope I am not paying over the odds for one?
Regards,
Stewart