Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tynemouth Commemoration Project Database

Shiny

The Tynemouth World War One Commemoration Project launched their free database on Saturday (28th June).

It is made up of all the people named on the old Tynemouth Borough Roll of Honour published in 1923 which contained very brief details of some 1,700 local residents known to have lost their lives due to causes associated with the war and their service.

The project has over the past four years been preparing detailed biographies of those men and have now made them available on line, in many cases including photographs.

I'm not part of the project but have been working with them and thought that this was well worth telling people about as it is an excellent free resource for anyone interested in people from that area.

In case you don't know where it is, Tynemouth is on the North East coast near Newcastle. The project is still working hard to add more detail as well as getting plaques fitted to the houses where people lived and organising a parade on the 3rd of August. There work has featured in a half hour BBC documentary as well as on local radio and in the press.

The database can be searched by names, home addresses, schools attended, date of death or place of work.

It can be found at http://www.tynemouthworldwarone.org/database.html

• 1 year later...
Guest William John Robson

very helpful site got the picture i was looking for from it for my 14 year old son, who has been researching his great great great great grandfather Thomas William Robson 9324 2ND Northumberland fusiliers. Formerly of the 1st battalion the manchester regiment  ( 4871).picture of thomas william robson.rtf