Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

’B' Battery, 110th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery

Anyone able to advise on this unit and where I can find further info?

Trying to find John Luckman, Gunner 121832. I can't even find him in censuses at the moment though I have his medal card

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

I assume that like the other two men of yours I have posted on today, he is the J Luckman on Sevenoaks War Memorial.

Researching a war memorial is not a five minute job. The two on my website, (which only shows the basic details), are by no means as comprehensively researched as I would like and have been the result of several years work, off and on.

The war diary for 110 Brigade RFA is held at Kew in WO 95/2233/3 and is available to download. The basics of where they were will be on the Long Long Trail, most likely.

Phil

Thanks Phil.

Yes, definitely aware of that.

Looking at some brick walls today. Luckman is elusive and very helpful to have further info on White and Kingsland; especially interested in Polygon Wood.

Thanks again

Matt

Luckman is certainly elusive. According to SDGW he was born in Dunton Green and enlisted Sevenoaks.

I don't have access to the censuses, but a possible thread may be a Phillis Maria Pankhurst who married John Luckman, December Qu. 1885 in Bromley RD. It appears that John died December Qu. 1895 in Sevenoaks RD. Phillis remarried in March Qu. 1897, again in Bromley RD. Her new husband was David Copper. 1911 she is back in the Sevenoaks area.

Phil