Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Regulations for Mobilization - 1914"

Graham Stewart

post-7376-0-90034900-1403728341_thumb.jp

Sorry ladies and gents - I know it's ungentlemanly to brag, but after years of trying to get my hands on one, this little beauty turned up today. Items like this take all of the guess work out our research into the Great War and tell us exactly how the Army worked during those fateful days in 1914 - paragraph by paragraph. So please excuse me for sharing it with you and hopefully I'll be able to aid those seeking answers about 'Mobilization'.

I have a copy too. It isn't dated more finely than 1914, though the line of arcane details of the printing does say 11/14. I don't believe it can be as late as November, though it may be a second or later print run.

Ron

I managed to find a battered copy last night on eBay for £12.00 so it should be on its way to me soon.

Craig

Page 3, which appears to show the print run, also says 11/14 as in Ron's edition - but I think anyone who can get hold of a copy will agree that it's a welcome boost to our research. There are a significant number of 'amendments' from the previous 1912 edition.

Martin - Index runs to 21pages - is there anything specific you're after?

Page 3, which appears to show the print run, also says 11/14 as in Ron's edition - but I think anyone who can get hold of a copy will agree that it's a welcome boost to our research. There are a significant number of 'amendments' from the previous 1912 edition.

My copy's in the post so looking forward to receiving it - presumably mine will be 11/14 as well.

Craig

Introduction of these regulations would presumably have been promulgated by an Army Order. Does anyone have a copy of the Army Orders for 1914? That should give us the start date.

Ron

Martin - Index runs to 21pages - is there anything specific you're after?

Comprendre. Too long. No dramas.

Where might I get a copy? I am convinced I photographed a copy from TNA years back but for the life of me cant find it.

MG

Where might I get a copy? I am convinced I photographed a copy from TNA years back but for the life of me cant find it.

I got my copy of Ebay - chased down someone who had tried to sell it 2 or 3 times without luck and got them to re-list it. If I can I'm going to try and scan mine when it comes through.

Craig

All

An incomplete copy can be downloaded from da.mod.uk website under the manuals tab. Frustratingly it is missing the TF section, which I was most interested in.

Is everybody elses complete ?

regards

Dave

Is it possible/ likely that. The embarkation was carried out as per the 1912 regulations. And the the November edition was a revision following the experience of August - September 1914

Is it possible/ likely that. The embarkation was carried out as per the 1912 regulations. And the the November edition was a revision following the experience of August - September 1914

I probably agree - some stressed out adjutants with a copy of the 1912 regs and a pile of new amendments coming in by the day hoping and praying for a consolidated edition.

Craig

No problem - an interesting way to spend my dinner break before i drag myself back to the office.

Hopefully I may be able to OCR it and add the missing pages when my copy turns up.

Craig

Sorry Gents

I should have immediately put in the link. Thanks for following up Craig.

Regards

Dave

So it is "mobilization" rather than "mobilisation"! Have pondered on this one :-)

All

Can anyone tell me if the TF section gives mobilization tables for the Southern Command / Wessex Division ? It is missing in my incomplete copy.

Regards

Dave

Dave - no mobilization tables at all - no individual T.F. Divisions named.

Thanks Graham

Regards

Dave