Quote:

"We currently charge £0.40 per page for black & white photocopies."

There's a handling charge of £2.50.

Quite a contrast to the NA charges.

Kath.

x

That's right Tom.

The quote is for the IWM staff's work.

I was surprised they sent the A4 letter & forms in an A4 envelope-cost 61p. postage, wouldn't using a smaller envelope have been cheaper?

The, folded, form's gone back in a smaller envelope - with a cheque.

It was suggested I send debit/credit card details, with security code, as they could not accept card details by phone or email only in writing.

Should the form not have been folded?

Kath.

Interesting, as the IWM and TNA are Government bodies (an executive non-departmental public body of the Department for Culture and an executive agency of the Ministry of Justice, respectively) they should be providing services such as photocopying on a full cost-recovery basis.

The implication might therefore be that one of them is making a good profit at it, or one is far more efficient than the other.

(I've assumed you aren't talking about self-service copies).

Tom

They have different approaches to copyright too.

If you want to see really expensive copying, try the National Army Museum. I wanted to take (flash-less) photos of typewritten diaries. Not allowed. Had to pay extortionate photocopying rates for dozens of pages which I then simply photographed and put the photocopies in the bin. I could have taken photos, causing no damage. They insisted on putting the docs through an old fashioned white-hot clanky photocopier with ultra-bright lights which simply damages the documents. They were hot to touch. No logic, unnecessary cost, and a waste of their time. Completely nuts. I even offered them the (free) photos for others who might want the same in order to reduce further damage. Declined.