Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

8 Battalion Machine Gun Corps - North Russia

reeves_colin

Hi

I know I have asked similar questions before, but I have done some work on this one myself but hit a wall.

According to the NA War Diary site they have the war diary on file for 8 Battalion Machine Gun Corps for thier time in North Russia

WO 95/5422

238 (Grogan's) Brigade: 8 Battalion Machine Gun Corps

1919 Mar. - Sept.

The diary is not currently available for download, but I did ask for a quotation for the diary to be scanned by NA

The reply from NA was that the diary was part of a much larger document and could only be viewed by visiting Kew.

Does anyone have a copy of the diary, or planning a visit to Kew and be willing to obtain a copy of the diary?

Thank you all in advance

Colin

Edited by reeves_colin

• 6 months later...

Hi

I have just seen your post about WO95/5422

I have been looking at this war diary as part of my research into a relative who was with the 8th Bn MGC and was killed in action in Russia on 1 Sep 1919. I have been to Kew and have a set of photographs of all the pages from March to October 1919.

I have also done a transcription of most of the key entries which I could e-mail to you if you care to send me a message with your e-mail address. The photographs are too large to e-mail but could be put onto a DVD if you are still looking.

David

• 2 weeks later...