Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

J T Lucas Kings Royal Rifle Brigade

johnnie

Dear All.

Bit of a long shot here, but I was wondering if any members had access to the medal roll for the battalions of the KRRC. I'm trying to find out more about John T Lucas, number R-11837, and I'll not be able to get to Kew to check the roll for some time.

I know he arrived in France on the 3rd September 1915 which I take to mean he was reinforcements for one of the battalions already out there as I can't see any battalions landing that day.

Any help at all would be great.

Johnnie

Hi Johnnie

John Thomas Lucas

Born 1888

Occupation Mat Maker, married to Jane Anne, nee Collins, 20th March 1910. Two sons Alexander, born 6th June 1910, and John Thomas, born 29th December 1911

Enlisted 17th April 1915, 6th Battalion K.R.R.C. age 27 years 290 days

Basic training until joining Battalion 3rd September 1915. Landed Bouloyne 11th September 1915.

Bullet wound to right thigh returned home 23rd September 1915, embarked Southampton 15th March 1916, landed Rouen 16th March.

Posted to 1st Battalion K.R.R.C. 17th March 1916.

Evacuated to England 20th December 1918, Influenza and Bronchitis. Discharged (from hospital) 25th January 1919, class Z.

Residence given as 56, Trinity Street, Canning Town E16.

Need to access War Dairies or LLT, above, for detailed information of his movements 16th March 1916 until 20th December 1918.

Total Service 3 years 312 days.

Hope this is of help.

Regards

Tony

That's fantastic. Can I ask wager you found the information? I couldn't find a service file for him on ancestry.

Thanks again,

Johnnie

Hi Johnnie

John Thomas is on Ancestry, but his Pension Records have him in the Worcestershire Regiment under the same Number 11837.

All the best

Tony