Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'A' Battery, 87th Brigade RFA

rsel

Hi all,

I am trying via an indirect route to obtain a date (and maybe location) for this photo, which i strongly belive is of the Corporals within 'A' Battery of the 87th Brigade RFA. The solider in the back left is my great uncle William Charles Henry Sellens, and i know he was a corporal some time after 8 June 1916 (when listed as Bombardier in the units war diary) and late 1917 (when listed on MM as being an Acting Sergent), so i am therefore assuming the photo is sometime during that period and that other 5 people in unifirm are probably the other corporals of the same battery.

I am therefore hoping for a long shot, that if anybody can identify the 5 other soliders names that may help me lock down the date range based on when they served as corporals within the unit.

Thanks

Richard

post-91825-0-01723200-1401514141_thumb.j

the photo must be 1918 at least as 2? men are wearing overseas chevrons on the lower right arms.. these were not being worn before early 1918 i believe .[there are many previous posts relating to overseas chevrons) . and also looks to be wearing his MM ribbon... maybe? .. and possibly another medal? .. the 'one stripes' are bombardiers I believe