Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ronnie Kray's Bayonetsts

auchonvillerssomme

Ronnie Kray collected bayonets and evidently his example()s for sale in Junes catalogue of JP Humberts in Towcester. No idea how many but at least one P1907. The catalogue isn't out yet but will keep an eye out.

Any evidence that any of them have been used to nail people to cake stands? :whistle:

If I remember correctly, one of the Krays (in the Kray twins film) had a bayonet in it, If memory serves me right it was an arisaka.

If I remember correctly, one of the Krays (in the Kray twins film) had a bayonet in it, If memory serves me right it was an arisaka.

Used rather creatively if memory serves.

The term "collection" almost gives the impression that they weren't just his own personal items that he actually used. His knuckle dusters will also be in the sale.

There are numerous recorded occasions when Mr Kray had to bring a bayonet into play during a particularly difficult business transaction.

Yes its difficult to imagine him sitting down before the fire of an evening and consulting a much thumbed copy of Ffoulkes' Sword Lance and Bayonet. It's a different class of gangster (like Mr Bridger in The Italian Job) that collects.

The problem will be that every bayonet that comes up for sale will have belonged to Ron.

I think I will give the pliers and mole grips a miss.