Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum seeks WW1 photos of RWF

shirlgwil

Can you help?

Do you have any photos of RWF soldiers who were in WW1?

We have started a project to trace as many photos as we can of the RWF who were in the War. We have started with the Fallen as they amount to over 10,000 alone, but if your RWF ancestor lived or died - we would love to receive a photo so that all the lads are back together again. We intend to have a rolling programme over the Centenary to show the Fallen on the centenary of their deaths - and will move onto those who came home in 2019-2020.

They do not have to be in uniform and the quality does not matter as better a poor photo than no photo. You do not have t send in originals – scans or copies are fine. We can even scan them for you and return the originals to you.

Many photos are unnamed and many more are tucked away in attics - so we are appealing for your help in gathering in as many as we can. A name and regimental number would be great, or a name and date of death. As the project builds up we would love to add the back-story of individuals into the project - so basically we are collecting anything in regarding the RWF in WW1.

Please spread the word.

You can contact me here or at the Museum on rwfmuseum1@btconnect.com or on our Facebook or Twitter page. I hope you can help. This is a huge task and mainly a one woman project so any hep will be great.

Best wishes

Shirley Williams

Museum Education Officer

RWF Museum

post-88273-0-34203800-1400351934_thumb.j

The Education Officer had made this same request periodically over the last few months. If you click on 'content' on her profile you will see previous threads where the use of the photographs is discussed.

Hi

Am desperately seeking RWF WW1 photos. Although concentrating on the Fallen we have received a few survivors of WW1 too so am collecting them now in a separate folder. I won't make a call to the public about the survivors until we have finished typing up the Fallen.

We are going to display names and photos of soldiers on the centenary of their deaths - at the Museum. We are also working on putting the information on a touchscreen so that visitors can search their RWF ancestors.

We would like eventually to put the presentations on our website so that anybody could access them. The project will be on-going though as we have so many photos to find - I would like to be able to add a bit of back story to each man.

Any hep at all would be greatly appreciated in any respect.

Thanks

Shirley

Museum Education Officer

RWF Museum

rwfmuseum1@btconnect.com