Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

677007 Sgt. John Frederick Yeatman, RFA

CROONAERT

Can anyone with easier access to the medal rolls than me let me know what 677007 Sgt.J.F.Yeatman's (285 Bde RFA and 57th MMB RFA I think) pre-1917 regimental number was please?

I'm thinking that it was maybe 11150, but just need confirmation.

Thanks.

Dave.

I'm thinking that it was maybe 11150, but just need confirmation.

Actually, after close inspection, I think that 11150 may actually be J.E. Yeatman rather than J.F.Yeatman, so this might be a red-herring!

Dave

• Admin

Dave

The RA BWM/VM rolls are well into "chocolate teapot" territory when it comes to recording these sort of details. As you can see, the earlier numbers weren't recorded.

285 Bde (2/1 West Lancs) looks about right from this post

Glen

post-32914-0-56656000-1400666602_thumb.j

The RA BWM/VM rolls are well into "chocolate teapot" territory when it comes to recording these sort of details. As you can see, the earlier numbers weren't recorded.

It depends on the format of the actual roll and the issuing office, Glen. The earlier numbers actually are sometimes recorded (see below), hence my request. (Though I strongly suspect that I'm actually looking for the wrong bloke here now)...

Cheers.

Dave.

post-357-0-39293700-1400670507_thumb.jpg

... I strongly suspect that I'm actually looking for the wrong bloke here now...

I'm more convinced than ever that I am now, so am going to lock this thread to avoid anyone wasting their time.

Dave