Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Dr. Erich Feuchtwanger, leicht verwundet - per VL Bayern 349

ph0ebus

Hi all,

Erich is the third of four Feuchtwanger cousins who served. Unlike the first two, he survived the war. He was a Bavarian, so I will be trying to locate his records on Ancestry. My main question is in interpreting the abbreviation in his rank, as shown in his VL entry:

http://des.genealogy.net/search/show/6159058

The rank abbreviation in question:

post-32240-0-34215400-1400113223_thumb.j

Can someone tell me what this stands for?

I will post any further developments in this thread as they unfold. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

-Daniel

Oberarzt der Reserve.

He had no rank when he was called up in August 1914 but then got promoted up while serving in Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3. He got wounded by Cerny in the Spring of 1917 and then served in several military hospitals.

It's too much too transcribe it all from ancestry.

Jan

Oberarzt der Reserve.

He had no rank when he was called up in August 1914 but then got promoted up while serving in Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3. He got wounded by Cerny in the Spring of 1917 and then served in several military hospitals.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Greatly appreciated! In looking up that rank, I am seeing it translates to 1st Lieutenant (Medical). Happy to hear his records are onlyne and I will download them next time I am at the library.

Best regards,

-Daniel

Oberarzt der Reserve.

Jan

I just grabbed his records off Ancestry earlier this evening, and I totally see what you mean. What a gold mine! I'll start sifting what I just downloaded and see what I can piece together.

-Daniel