Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Next release of War Diaries - when ?

ss002d6252

There was a thread a little while ago which gave the expected dates for the release of the next lot of war diaries - I think it was 19 May but I can't find the thread to check.

Can anyone confirm the date ?

Thanks

Craig

The next release was supposed to be today but no sign so far.

Craig

• Admin

Bearing in mind that wasn't an official announcement, I think the problems they have had with the first 2 tranches (wrong units, missing months etc) makes me wonder if there is a bit more QA going on.

That's what I'm wondering - I want my 50th Div diaries :angry2: ( I blame the War Office for numbering it so high, if they'd numbered it 33 or less I'd have them by now).

Craig

Seems to be some movement with the next tranche, I am seeing 40 Div diaries that were unavailable last night, although some 62 Div diaries that I need are still not available.

This is exciting - the number of North Staffordshire diaries has risen from four at lunchtime today to some 20 odd now; I suspect this means that Monday's tranche has now arrived...

They have made an announcement. Third tranche released.

Keith

They weren't showing up in the search - I had to physically browse through the dairies one by one to see which ones were available - I got some yesterday and there were some more available today.

Craig

7 DLI I found yesterday and 150 and 151 Brigade but not 149 unless released today.

7 DLI I found yesterday and 150 and 151 Brigade but not 149 unless released today.

Been through and got a few from 50 Div & 151st Bde - starts getting expense fast.

There are 149th Bde diaries available today.

Some of the records took a good bit of searching before I could find a link to buy them.

Craig

Great news! The Royal Welch Fusiliers diaries are now available. Just what I needed to help my research.

Welsh. :w00t:

Thanks Chris, you've answered my next question as to wether it should be Welsh or Welch. I know it wasn't until about 1921/2 when the name was changed, but I have been seeing both in the course of my research, including Dudley Ward's volumes of regimental records. I shall amend all references to Welch in my work. Regards,

Darryl