Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt Keith Gordon Garnet MC RFA

44fish22

would be very grateful for an identity assistance of an old album that I think may have belonged to lieutenant Kenneth Gordon gardner military cross. I think he sits amongst these officers in the photos. can anoney help with any form of identification on these photos i.e. regiments etc names. kind thanks in anticipation.

post-57411-0-25372700-1399816133_thumb.j

post-57411-0-81676200-1399816141_thumb.j

post-57411-0-45973100-1399816152_thumb.j

Hi

I cannot see any card for a Kenneth Gordon GARDNER or GARDINER having been awarded the M.C.

can I ask where the info came from.

Also the pics are very small

Regards

Graeme

hi thanks for your comments. in this old album as you will see in one of the pictures is a lieutenant k.g.garnet,m.c. so thanks for spotting that mistake of mine it is appreciated .I should check my spelling next time. lets hope with the name now spelt correctly I may get a response , again many thanks .hartleyc

Kenneth Gordon GARNETT was an AB in the RNVR, later commissioned in the Royal Field Artillery. His MC was listed in London Gazette on 29 Dec 1916 - there is no citation.

He died on 22 August 1917. His CWGC entry is below:

GARNETT, KENNETH GORDONAdditional Information:

Croix de Guerre with palm (France). Son of William and Rebecca Garnett, of I, The Chestnuts, Branch Hill, Hampstead, London. Educated at Trinity College (B.A.). Rowing Blue No. 5 in Cambridge Eight in 1914.

Hi Hartley,

Kenneth Gordon Garnett served in the RFA and was indeed awarded the MC. He died from wounds on 22nd August,1917. He was the brother of Lieut William Hubert Stuart Garnett who was killed in a flying accident in 1916 and who is buried at Upavon Cemetery, Wiltshire.

They both have fascinating stories concerning their time both before and during the war. Because the brothers were both killed during the war, is it not possible that the album belonged to either another family member of a friend? What makes you think that it was his album?

If you need more information then I shall do my best to elaborate on the story behind KGG.

Robert

Thank you so much gentlemen for your response it is truly appreciated and makes me feel humble in my lack of knowledge when people like you have such a wealth of knowledge . again many many thanks. hartleyc

• 1 year later...

Interesting to see your mention of Kenneth Garnett - elsewhere in the forum is a continuing discussion on his brother, William ex RN, RFC - he being my grandmother's first husband. i have information on both, including their memorial volumes etc. Should you wish for information please get in touch  via the forum

Very interested to see you may have an album containing otherwise unknown photographs - no doubt you will guess at what's coming ... would it be possible to provide larger images ?

Thanks. Stephen.

• 8 months later...
  • spof changed the title to Lt Keith Gordon Garnet MC RFA