Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Visiting Arras Battlefield on Foot

Guest gingerjackrabbit

Guest gingerjackrabbit

I am hoping to visit the Monchy/ Fampoux area in July and plan to follow some of the walks outlined in Paul Reed/ Colin Fox books. Travelling to Arras by train and staying in the centre (hence without a car). Is there any public transport at all in the Monchy/ Pelves/ Fampoux area? Is it viable to get a taxi to drop off in the area and then walk back (as I have previously done in and around Albert)? Any advice on practicalities greatly appreciated.

• Admin

I think Arras is one of the better served places for public transport. Someone on the forum has done a lot of the walks from Pauls book and used public transport, trouble is I don't recall who it was!

Edit- I remembered, it was Ulsterlad2

Welcome to the forum BTW!

Here is the tourist office site, might be of some use

http://www.explorearras.com/

Michelle

Get a quote from the Taxi firm before they come , we were robbed by one from Bapaume! ( £35-00 Pozieres to Bapaume!)

Tony

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are good bus services. Line 5 will get you to Feuchy, line 530 to Monchy, 532 goes through Fampoux. The site you need is http://www.bus-artis.fr/ from which you can get all the info you need including timetables etc. The 3 number ones do not run so often so be careful with timings, they are mainly there for school trips so be even more vigilant in school holidays (which in France is a vast amount of the summer!)

Jim

There is a railway station at Roeux

Bob