Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Pte William Patrick Lambe

Paulboll

Hi All,

I am looking for info on William Patrick Lamb see photo, not sure what the cap badge is.

Birth Jun 1897 in Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland 1922 Dec Age: 25 marriage, Middlesbrough, Yorkshire North Riding Death Mar 1973 in Middlesbrough Yorkshire North Riding any help in tracing this soldier service record or medal index down would be great. Paul

post-94616-0-23143800-1399401002_thumb.j

Any chance of a hi res scan of his cap badge.

3 William P Lambs and 7 William Lambes, but no William P or Patrick Lambe

Dressed in civvies including the great coat, need a better image of the cap badge, even then, it may not be his Cap or he may have just enlisted but could have changed Regiments prior to being posted to a War zone.

You quote a birth date, but are you saying he declared his age as 21 when he married in 1922? is the birth record definately his?

Sam

Can you recheck your source . The marriage is for a William G Lambe Dec qtr 1922 to Daisy Wicks. If he was 21 as you say he can't have been born in 1897.

The death in Mar qtr 1973 is a William Lamb ( No E ) born 8 May 1896 age at death 76.

His birth appears to be recorded in Middlesborough Jun qtr 1896.

Sorry i have change age of marriage he was 25 my mistake. yes re marriage, His name was William Patrick Lamb, Daisy Wick was my Grand mother sister. strange the record has William G Lambe

Name: William G Lambe Spouse Surname: Wicks Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1922 Registration district: Middlesbrough Inferred County: Yorkshire North Riding Volume Number: 9d Page Number: 1144 Find Spouse: Find Spouse

Could the coat be hiding Hospital Blue beneath it?

Steve.