Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Hay Festival

Scalyback

I enjoy the Hay bash. Hopefully a few forum members will find the other war slots intresting. If I get the chance to ask Mr F about Scotland I will!

I was in Hay two days ago buying books. Apart from a sign on the road in there was no evidence of the festival

It doesn't start for another 3 1/2 weeks. They don't take that long to set up.

Hay soon!

A few WW1 themed gems in there. However this one caught my eye given the main speaker!

https://www.hayfestival.com/p-8354-niall-ferguson-thomas-weber-kate-adie.aspx

I shall attend plus his solo show, I may even ask a question of scottish statistics......................

What one of my old Head Teachers would have called 'Another group of unmarried marriage counsellors'. What on earth do they know about teaching history to 14 year olds in an English Comprehensive school in 2014?

David

There is never sign of the festival in the town when it is on! Apart from the locals trying to get you to park at about £10 a day in a field outside the town. I ignored them and parked normally in the town. There does appear to be a slant towards war theme this year.

David yes it does appear an odd choice apart from writing books what qualifications do they have over a history teacher with the passion for the subject? It's a £7 quid punt to see what is said or two pints at the beer prices there.

David yes it does appear an odd choice apart from writing books what qualifications do they have over a history teacher with the passion for the subject? It's a £7 quid punt to see what is said or two pints at the beer prices there.

True, and frankly I was being a bit curmudgeonly. Put it down to pre-GCSE stress! Enjoy the talk

David