Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Assistance with Photographs - Regimental or Rehabilitation?

telgreen1

I have two old photographs of my great grandfather Horace Brook who served in the Durham Light Infantry during the war. He was seriously wounded although survived the conflict. I am trying to find out more information on the content. They do not look like regimental photographs looking at the number of different cap badge insignias on show although I could be totally wrong. It looks more like where he might have recovered from his wounds. Grateful for any information on what the answer maybe and details of where it might have been taken. The only lead I have is from old family information - it might possibly have been Eastbourne.

horace recoup.pdf

horace brook regiment.pdf

MIC card for Horace Brook DLI 11614 and Labour Co 671386.

No service or pension record on ancestry.

Hi,

The 1914/15 Star Roll shows he joined 10/DLI after landing in France on 12/8/15 and was transferred to Class Z Reserve on 7 March 1919.

regards

John

Hi,

The 1914/15 Star Roll shows he joined 10/DLI after landing in France on 12/8/15 and was transferred to Class Z Reserve on 7 March 1919.

regards

John

Hi John

Really grateful for this information. Where would I gain access to this roll? I have only managed to locate his medal card through Ancestry.com to date . I also picked up his basic service in India with the DLI through the Chelsea pensioners records from information supplied by another member with access to "find my past". Again many thanks for your help.

Really grateful for the information provided to date via the website.. Grateful if someone might be able to tell me where would I gain access to The 1914/15 Star Roll. I have only managed to locate his medal card through Ancestry.com to date . I also picked up his basic service in India with the DLI through the Chelsea pensioners records from information supplied by another member with access to "find my past". Again many thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi,

At the national archives you need to look in the Labour Corps 14/15 Star Roll book for DLI men WO329/2851 page C 44/34 he is the first name on the page.

Gives Bn as 10/DLI and date of discharge 7/3/19

regards

John