Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

gnr henry tanner rga 86528

douglynn

Help please I have his mic, but cant seem to find his swb hear is the number 147b4656 thanks for looking

There is no mention of SWB awarded on his MIC

You have quoted the medal roll reference for Victory & British War medals.

Ok please guys what is a swb I thought it was a silver ward badge

SWB - silver war badge awarded to those discharged through wounds , illness etc.

Ok I now have got it swb is not the same as the silver medal he got with the victory, but still can not find his records thanks

You beat me to it

Thanks kevin I did have this, it was the address I was having problems with, birch grove house, east grinstead.only one I can find was built in 1924 harold mcmillians old house, his occupation was gardener, at same address so , aybe was in service some kind of grand house to have a gardener thanks for looking

I have had no luck on his records

Thanks kevin I did have this, it was the address I was having problems with, birch grove house, east grinstead.only one I can find was built in 1924 harold mcmillians old house, his occupation was gardener, at same address so , aybe was in service some kind of grand house to have a gardener thanks for looking

Sorry douglynn I thought you may have started researching the man rather than the house. You either have his records or not. If you only have his attestation sheet then you should get the rest of his records. If it is only the house you are interested in then I do not understand your first post on this thread. Perhaps thoroughly reading http://www.1914-1918.net/soldiers/research.html, which I think has already been suggested, may help.

Kevin

Thanks I am researching the man, but his address is a problem, on his attestation it says the gardens burchgrove house as I have said already,in east grinstead I like to know where they lived but can find no trace of burchgrove house around the early 1900s, the only birchgrove house I can find was built in 1924 so no good, nothing on the 1911 census, his job was a gardener so it must have been a big house

Sorry guys gonna give up on this one no expert still just learning thanks any way doug