Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Pathe WW1 archive films released. View now.

neverforget

Apologies if this has already been highlighted, but in case it hasn`t, I just came across this, and thought I`d bring it to the forum.

Amazing collection has to be seen to be believed. Just click on them and they play. I think this is going to keep me busy for a while.

Hope the link works.

http://www.britishpathe.com/workspaces/page/ww1-the-definitive-collection

Crikey, you're not wrong! Will keep us busy for a long time. Thanks for posting.

All the best,

Ant

Cheers Ant.

I just can`t believe the wealth of material here. It`s a stunning collection.

I see that the films are for sale, which would explain why I have not been able to download them. Still, at least we can view them all for free, while it lasts.

Beats the current stuff on the telly anyway.

It's an interesting site and worth digging into. The films are for sale, as are still pictures from them (many films can be viewed as collections of stills).

A while back I found a film version of the 128th Brigade, 38th Welsh Division marching past David Lloyd George at Llandudno on 1st March 1915, plus (after some lateral thinking was applied) two further clips from the same incident inserted into other films. Also two different versions of the division marching past Queen Mary at Winchester November 1915 prior to embarkation.

...not to mention two films of the London Welsh (15th RWF) parading with their goat, and a nice shot of a draft leaving the old Morfa Conwy camp in North Wales. The only difficulty is that many are miscaptioned or badly indexed, hence the lateral thinking. Clip from the Llandudno review was spliced into a general film about recruiting mainly set in London, and so on.

Clive