Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

RAF service record 1918

BabaAndrew

I would be most grateful if anyone can assist in interpreting the entries in the attached RAF service record of Fred Fowler.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

post-59697-0-97055100-1396719808_thumb.p

Thank you for information on the first two units!

Any idea what 43 FDS Wimbledon was?

Also, the number 767714 at the top of the form?

No 43 Training Depot Station (TDS) was formed at Chattis Hill from Nos 34 and 43 Training Squadrons on 15 July 1918; it was disbanded on 15 May 1919.

I hope this is useful.

Gareth

I would be most grateful if anyone can assist in interpreting the entries in the attached RAF service record of Fred Fowler.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Can you help me? I am trying to find the RAF service record for C E Hird who was with the RNAS and then RAF on formation in 1918 (Isle of Grain). We have his RNAS service record ... where can we find his RAF record?

Robin

Robin, this will be your man http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/Details?uri=D6821728 (you'll see his RNAS number was converted to RAF by replaing the F prefix with a 2). These records are not yet online (but will be via FindMyPast in a few months, or if you can get to Kew easily, you could see the paper original). Best to start a new thread about him for any more questions.

Robin, this will be your man http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/Details?uri=D6821728 (you'll see his RNAS number was converted to RAF by replaing the F prefix with a 2). These records are not yet online (but will be via FindMyPast in a few months, or if you can get to Kew easily, you could see the paper original). Best to start a new thread about him for any more questions.

Thanks .. yes that is him ... ...