Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Antiques roadshow

Mark Hone

I'll be away in France on 6 April, but will try and view "Egbert's programme" on my iPad. You can download a free app called FilmOn, and can view most programmes "live" that way as long as you have a reasonably fast internet connection.

Angela

Not sure (yet) as a newbie how to announce this, but tonight March 13 on BBC Four at 9pm there is a programme of Great War soldier's photographs. The online Radio Times today has it listed and the photo looks like a group of West Yorkshire Regt men.... hope everyone sees it. Alec

• 3 weeks later...

That was great to see! Thank you so much for posting it - we usually get ARoadshow about 2-3 years after when originally shown, and usually at a time when I am either asleep or at work.

And Egbert - well done there!

Julian

Interesting and also deeply moving.

Certainly is.

Looking forward to Sunday's programme.

Outstanding clip. Thank you so very much for posting this. I recall the topic about this box and its contents very well. Moving is an understatement. Very nice to see this. For sure brought back many memories and emotions for me recalling he topic as it unfolded.

Also starring Compton Clive at some point in one of the shows as interested extra!

Tony

Very nice to see Egbert and I look forward to the full feature.

Egbert and other Forum friends have provided me with many clues in my own family history quest.

Wow - what a wonderful interview and lovely to see Egbert, to whom I apologise after getting annoyed at the suspense he created when revealing too slowly those precious items from his box. I do look forward to Sundays programme.

Anne

This Sunday, 6th April.

post-100478-0-06592600-1396622233_thumb.

Thanks for the kind words . Do not praise the morning before the evening!

The suspense this time is on me, as I can not receive BBC UK programs here. They are all blocked due to copyrights? Anyway I do hope I am not sweating too much as it was some 32 degrees C when the filming took place. But it sure was total fun to all of us being filmed there, to include Ant, who set the ball rolling......

So that annoying bug is an ant? Hope you have put him in the trunk and closed the lid.

Anne

Congratulations Egbert,

Your television contribution to history has secured your grandfathers memory for posterity, he would be proud of you !

regards

khaki

Thanks for the kind words . Do not praise the morning before the evening!

The suspense this time is on me, as I can not receive BBC UK programs here. They are all blocked due to copyrights? Anyway I do hope I am not sweating too much as it was some 32 degrees C when the filming took place. But it sure was total fun to all of us being filmed there, to include Ant, who set the ball rolling......

Egbert,

I didn't notice any glowing/perspiration/sweating (delete as applicable), and if there was any I guess most UK viewers would put it down to you being in what seems to be generally accepted as the new Joan Bakewell (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinking_man's/woman's_crumpet)

Julian

Ant=Anthony come to the rescue please!

He can't hear you Egbert...................you've closed the lid.

Anne

The Ant is me

Great clip. Well done Egbert. It sure was an enjoyable day.

The Ant is me

Great clip. Well done Egbert. It sure was an enjoyable day.

Thank goodness for that Ant, I meant no disrespect to you.....it's just that bug of Egbert's is so annoying but I was very impressed by his master on the screen.

Anne