Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diaries - Available from Members

jainvince

I do keep the list updated when I notice posts on the Forum. However, I was perhaps expecting a few more becoming available now that more have been digitised.

Remember, many members are happy to look up their WDs so if you have some new ones available and you are able to share them then if you create a post or PM me I will add to the master list.

Bernard

Bernard

I have copies of the Historical Record of the 30th Divisional (County Palatine) Engineers from formation to embarkation, taken from the WDs of the CRE 30 Div (WO 95/2320). Copies of the WDs of the 30 Div RE Field Companies 200 FC, 201 FC and 202 FC and the Signals Co from embarkation on 08/11/1915 to 30/09/1916 (WO 95/2322 and 2323).

Copies of 8th Bn Lincolnshire Regt from embarkation on 10/09/1915 to 29/09/1915 (Action at Loos) including notes on formation of the Bn (WO 95/2158).

Copies of the WDs of the Bolton Artillery, 1/3 East Lancs Brigade RFA in Egypt and Gallipoli, from embarkation on 09/09/1914 to 31/01/1916 (WO 95/4314).

Brian

Hi,

I have the war diaries for the 1st and 2nd Battalions of the Kings Own [Royal Lancaster Regt] if anyone needs a look up

Mike

I have the following all from the 2nd Division:

17th Battalion Royal Fusiliers, up to March 1919

22nd Battalion Royal Fusiliers, up to Feb 1918

23rd Battalion Royal Fusiliers, up to March 1919

24th Battalion Royal Fusiliers, up to March 1919

2nd OBLI

2nd HLI

5th MGC, up to Mar 1918

2 Battalion MGC, from Mar 1918

10th DCLI

From previous submissions

1st KRRC

1st Royal Berks

Morning Donald

I wonder if you could help me with

1st Battalion, King’s Royal Rifle Corps

for the week or so up to Tuesday 26 June 1917

I am researching a man who died of wounds on 26/6/17. Unfortunately he died at Bethune so it could be any time period when he was wounded but the WD may give me a clue,

Many thanks,

Graeme

I shall use CutePDF to write the relevant sheets forthwith! I have given you the whole month of June,its lovely to see a WD typewritten....

Can you send me your email by PM, the file is too big to load here.

Have noted the recent additional diaries and updated the WD Master List accordingly. Will send out the latest version to all recipients when all updates included.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...

I have today (once the emailer wakes up - I am travelling) circulated the latest updated version of the list of War Diaries held by members who can offer lookups. If you have previous versions but not the updated version (by Tuesday)then PM me or email me. If you would like a copy then PM me and I will send by return.

The list includes British diaries held by Canadian Authorities. It also lists available Canadian, Australian and NZ Diaries.

Links are also included for the Royal Engineers diaries. Once you get onto their website then you can obtain the full list. Useful links previously advised on this website are also included.

If any member has any link or diary that they are prepared to share then please PM me and I will incorporate.

Bernard

Hi All

Just joined as I am trying to get hold of the combat reports for 59 Squadron 1917 -1918 and any war diaries if they exist for rfc raf squadrons. I have just bought the military cross for A pilot called Upfill who was shot down in his RE8 by a German ace.Any help photographs etc to help me with research would be great. I applied for copies of the combat reports to NA but they advised that the records are out and to try again in a month!

I have 11th [service] Royal Fusiliers and 54th MGC.

Hi Bernard, I have the war diary for 2nd Batt South Wales Borderers post March 1916 when they landed in France.

Bernard

I now have the Bolton Artillery (1/3 East Lancs Brigade RFA renamed 212 Brigade in May 1916 and 211 Brigade in December 1916) from 01/02/1916 to 31/12/1916 WO 95/4592 and 211 Brigade RFA from March 1917 to March 1919 WO 95/2649.

Brian

• 3 years later...
On 04/04/2014 at 19:47, brianmorris547 said:

Bernard

I have copies of the Historical Record of the 30th Divisional (County Palatine) Engineers from formation to embarkation, taken from the WDs of the CRE 30 Div (WO 95/2320). Copies of the WDs of the 30 Div RE Field Companies 200 FC, 201 FC and 202 FC and the Signals Co from embarkation on 08/11/1915 to 30/09/1916 (WO 95/2322 and 2323).

Copies of 8th Bn Lincolnshire Regt from embarkation on 10/09/1915 to 29/09/1915 (Action at Loos) including notes on formation of the Bn (WO 95/2158).

Copies of the WDs of the Bolton Artillery, 1/3 East Lancs Brigade RFA in Egypt and Gallipoli, from embarkation on 09/09/1914 to 31/01/1916 (WO 95/4314).

Brian

Brian,

I am looking to get hold of some of WO 95/4134.

Primarily in relation to the 1/1st ELFA, but I'd be interested to see what you have.

Andy

Andy

I gave my hard copies to Bolton Library History Centre a couple of years ago when the WDs came up on Ancestry. I have got an index of names that appeared in the Bolton papers but this is only for Bolton men of 3 ELB and later 210 and 211 Brigades RFA.

Brian

28 minutes ago, brianmorris547 said:

Andy

I gave my hard copies to Bolton Library History Centre a couple of years ago when the WDs came up on Ancestry. I have got an index of names that appeared in the Bolton papers but this is only for Bolton men of 3 ELB and later 210 and 211 Brigades RFA.

Brian

Ah, no problems.

Thanks for getting back to me though.

I will wait to see what The National Archives comes back with.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone have the War Diaries for 13th Bn. Royal Irish Rifles?  I would be grateful to see two weeks in 1916, last week in June and first week in July.

Thank you in anticipation.

Anne