Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

CGI 9.2 " Howitzer Images

Chris Foster

A friend of mine has been working on a CGI of a 9.2 " Howitzer. He's nearly at the rendering stage, give or take some corrections.

I think he's made a darn good job of it, considering this is his first big piece and his first venture into the Great War.

left_zpsc8606da4.jpg

top_zps1397d850.jpg

right_zpseaba4f41.jpg

A friend of mine has been working on a CGI of a 9.2 " Howitzer. He's nearly at the rendering stage, give or take some corrections.

I think he's made a darn good job of it, considering this is his first big piece and his first venture into the Great War.

These images are reproduced strictly for non-commercial research and private study purposes as permitted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended and revised.

Chris,

I Agree, an amazing set of images, look forward to seeing the finished Howitzer.

Regards,

LF

Can we have it 3D printed please ?

He's considering it, T8. Along with turning it into a kit. It's all down to money and time, but the potential is there !

Chris

• 3 months later...

An update on the progress of my friend Simon's work on a CGI 9.2 Howitzer.

Chris,

Superb !

Regards,

LF

Hi Dan,

He's toying with the idea of a large scale model, with the barrel alone being something like 8 to 10" in length, but its early days as yet.

Best

Chris

Personally I'd be interested in a 1/16th scale version, but even if it were cast in the most popular 1/32 to 1/35th or 54mm scale, I doubt if there would be large sales. The commercial model kit market is oversold and tends toward WW2 German subjects - figures, tanks, aircraft.

All the best,

Dan

Many thanks Dan & Derek

Dan, the scale is still very much in the pipeline, so it could be that Simon decides to go down the smaller scale route. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted when things progress.

Cheers

Chris

• 1 month later...

Simon has almost completed the construction of the 9.2. Two versions of the image will be produced, this one the "clean version and version 2 with battlefield dirt and weathering added.

gun_zpsbe73642f.jpg